JPO reduces patent official fees for eligible organizations
Feb 14, 2019
As of April 1, 2019, Japan Patent Office’s new set of fee exemptions for patent applications will be applicable to a range of organization. The changes are intended to encourage competition amongst the smaller players in the market and to support them with simplified procedures.
Eligible organizations can benefit from discounted patent application and registration fees with the possibility of complete fee exemption. The following are the types of organizations that may benefit from this new regime.
- Medium & Small Venture Enterprise/Business
- Individuals under tax exemption or working as a registered sole proprietor for less than 10 years
- Academic Researchers/Educational Institute
- Private Research and Development Institute
- Public Research and Development Institute
- Local Incorporated Administrative agency
- Approved TLO (technology licensing organization
- Corporation and Medium-small Enterprise working pursuant to laws regarding the reconstruction of Fukushima
Details of eligibility and exemptions can be found in the official JPO website. https://www.jpo.go.jp/tetuzuki/ryoukin/genmensochi.htm
We look forward to an opportunity to assist.